Case Manager Assistant
Purpose of the role
Note: This is a generic role profile. Team members will have specific responsibilities for certain duties/headings within this role profile, but they would be expected to provide cover for colleagues across the other duties at times. Individuals will be provided with on-the-job training and development to ensure they become a fully multi-skilled member of the team.
Enable Therapy Services (ETS) in an independent rehabilitation company which was formed in 2008; we provide rehabilitation support to people who have suffered a personal injury or illness.
We promote an individual’s rehabilitation and aim to maximise their future potential. Some of our service users have suffered traumatic life changing events; others suffer from life limiting illnesses where recovery will never happen. Our case managers are supported in their role by exceptional assistants who frequently liaise with treating healthcare professions, insurance providers and legal representatives as part of their role.
Predominantly, for mild to moderate clinical need, our Case Management services are delivered telephonically or virtually with minimal face to face contact. For those individuals who have suffered a catastrophic life event we operate a face to face Case Management service model.
- Excellent Relationship Management
- Trusted Expertise, Integrity and Professionalism
- Social and Corporate Responsibility
To assist the Clinical Operations Manager to provide an efficient, effective and confidential support service to a team of Case Managers/Occupational Therapists in the delivery of Rehabilitation services to individuals who have experienced illness or injury (service users). To fulfil this office-based role, the post holder is expected to be: a team player, flexible, an excellent communicator with strong written and oral communication skills, exercise personal responsibility, evidence first-rate organisational skills, show attention to detail, demonstrate sound judgement and initiative within overall defined limits and with minimum supervision.
The primary job focus is to support the Case Managers in the delivery of case management services to meet the needs of our service users’ throughout their intervention with ETS. This includes but is not limited to associated service delivery tasks.
The post holder will be entitled to 22 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays, pro rata. Annual leave will increment 1 day a year after the first 2 years. Increments stops at a total of 28 days leave after 7 years of service. They will be required to be flexible in terms of holiday leave around busy times of the year and these should be discussed with the Clinical Operations Manager and Senior Management Team.
1. To work closely with the Clinical Operations Manager, Case Managers/Occupational Therapists and Administrators to provide case managment support relating to care and rehabilitation needs of the service user.
- To use the reference ETS Operating Procedures in learning and applying the correct processes for consistent management of administration and case management requests (see OP4, OP6 and OP8).
- To provide case management and administrative support to enable the Case Managers/Occupational Therapists to progress the service user’s ETS intervention in an efficient and timely manner. Complete requests from the Case Managers such as but not limited to requests to obtain relevant clinical information, as it pertains to the service user’s healthcare and rehabilitation needs.
- To deliver a high standard of performance and where possible exceed expectation to enhance the reputation of ETS.
- To be assertive and take ownership in seeking guidance on any tasks assigned to them by the Case Managers; to work collaboratively with the Case Manager to ensure completion of the task within variable parameters, keeping all parties updated and communication recorded.
- Confidence and sound judgement to escalate any difficulties, challenges, concerns, anomalies that arise during the tasks to the allocated supervising Case Manager in the first instance and secondly, Senior Case Manager (responsible for Case Manager Assistants) and or Clinical Operations Manager as required.
- Accurately records time spent and relevant costs on the Clio system to ensure accurate invoicing.
- To accurately record time spent on each service user’s file and record precisely all financial transactions including 3rd party costs in service delivery; completing associated documentation that supports reconciliation.
- To accurately complete a daily Dashboard, as required to assist recording how time is spent to allow for realistic analysis of resource allocation.
- To apply excellent time management skill to manage and coordinate multiple tasks relating to case management support requests for timely ETS Intervention service delivery. This includes but not limited to the requesting, obtaining, sharing/liaising and chasing of information and or services; this will include speaking and liaising directly with our clients and customers.
- To research, source and obtain the necessary information relating to services that are required to facilitate the service user’s ETS Intervention e.g. podiatrist, cleaner, gym membership, medical equipment.
- Support the Senior Case manager and Case Manager Assistant Team Leader and the Senior Management Team in the review and auditing of case management delivery.
- To behave in a professional manner and reflect the ETS values; adhere to all current legislation as it pertains to the core Business of ETS; this includes but not limited to Data Protection, Health and Safety, Employment Law.
- To familiarise self with all ETS Policies, Processes and Procedures and comply.
2. To be responsible for the administration of the service user’s person electronic and paper files.
- To populate and organise the service user’s information/communication files in coordination of their ETS intervention. For specific task details see ETS Admin Manual (OP6).
- To be a key point of contact, both in person and via electronic systems, providing an effective communication and information service to all stakeholders. e.g. service user, Case Manager, treating healthcare professionals, insurance providers and legal representatives and the referring parties.
- To electronically scan and file the service user’s related documentation, into their file, e.g. consent forms and clinic letters on receipt
- To maintain an organised paper and electronic filing system of the service user’s related documentation.
3. Referral Processing / MI Management
- Understand the referral process and the various types of referrals e.g. employable, direct, from the fee paying client base.
- Ensure any internal referrals to ETS Associate Occupational Therapists (OTs) are processed efficiently , maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- To communicate to the Case Managers on related progress of referrals/assessment/report and provide written confirmation of assessment dates to the Case Manager.
- To process and monitor assessment information to provide statistical data to the Senior Management Team. To accurately contribute to the collation and inputting of statistical data/MI to contribute to ETS’ reporting processes.
- Where agreed, to be responsible for assisting with the month end case management statistics and costings for invoicing purposes, working under the supervision of the Senior Administrator.
- To produce templated reports to ETS Standards (please refer to ETS Manual for these standards-see OPS 6) within service level timeframes and submit to referring parties/Senior Management Team for allocation. Complete all associated records.
- To highlight potential issues with the report content to the Supervising Case Manager / Clinical Operations Manager as appropriate dependent on role responsibilities.
- Complete all records and MI accurately.
6. Personal Development Plan
- To fully engage in and take shared ownership of the ETS induction, ensuring that you are completely up to speed in a reasonable time frame as outlined at the start of the induction phase.
- To actively engage and arrive prepared with suggestions and contributions for your supervision/1-2-1 meetings and annual Personal Development Planning (PDP).
- To take responsibility for own development, including updating administration skills, learning new processes and software.
- As a key member of the ETS Case Management support Team you will be expected to demonstrate flexibility and ensure the effective cover of the ETS operation at all times working with your colleagues and the Clinical Operations Manager to ensure business continuity in a seamless manner.
- There may be occasion when you are requested to undertake duties not documented within your job description but considered within your level of expertise. The job description will be reviewed on an biennial basis.
7. Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Good Software IT packages’ Competence
- High level of Communication Skills Written and Oral
- Good numerical skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Responsible and Accountable
- Dealing with Pressure
- Relationship Building
- Team Player
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-awareness and Sound Judgement
- Process Compliant
- Date Protection / Confidentiality Compliant
8. Educational requirements
- 3 GCSEs or equivalent at C level and above. One must be English Language and one must be Mathematics and / or demonstrate an equivalent level of competence via in house training / work experience or subsequent qualifications.
9. Minimum Experience
- 18 months service in a busy roles where strong organisational skills, customer service, administrative, and compliance with process management systems is critical to ensure the effectiveness of the role
Ready to apply?
Senior Case Management
Case Manager Assistant
"*" indicates required fields