Purpose of the role
Enable Therapy Services (ETS) in an independent rehabilitation company; we provide rehabilitation and case management support to people who have suffered a personal injury and illness.
We promote an individual’s rehabilitation to maximise potential recovery. Some have experienced traumatic life changing events; our case managers are exceptional in providing rehabilitation co-ordination and support to these individuals; ETS Case managers are assisted in the Case Management process by a friendly and efficient administration team. Our administrators are well versed in liaising with treating healthcare professions, insurance providers and legal representatives as part of their role.
- Excellent relationship management
- Trusted Expertise, integrity and professionalism
- Social and corporate responsibility
As a Case Manager working for ETS, you will proactively manage rehabilitation for individuals who have experienced a personal injury or illness impacting upon their functional capabilities.
Application of the Occupational Process to facilitate rehabilitation is essential to effectively coordinate the individual in rehabilitation. A Biopsychosocial model of practice is applied to address the effect of injury to the individual’s physical, psychological, social and vocational needs.
We aim to optimise and expedite recovery for the individual to return to an acceptable lifestyle, in association with referring parties that may include Insurers, Employers and Solicitors.
ETS is ISO9001:2015 certified. All case management is in accordance ETS Operating Procedure, key performance indicators and The Rehabilitation Code 2015.
- The Case Manager will work in accordance with the Rehabilitation Code 2015 and they are not a member of the litigation team or process; the role must focus on the rehabilitation needs of the individual. As a Case Manager you may consider opinions outside of the rehabilitation process or team but will use your professional judgement and evidence base to determine whether a suggested action is appropriate, timely and relevant to progress and enhance rehabilitation.
- To provide a professional service to individuals and others who are referred to ETS.
- To work within both HCPC and RCOT guidelines for professional practice and to have a good working knowledge of both national and local standards.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner within the parameters of current ethical and legal framework.
- To work closely with a range of external agencies, including statutory, social services, private providers, employers, voluntary agencies and charities, where appropriate, to meet the needs of individuals.
- To demonstrate a sound understanding of The Rehabilitation Code 2015.
- To have a commercial awareness of private practice in the insurance industry and the scope of your role, positively promoting the services and brand of ETS
- To efficiently and effectively manage your workload so that you meet the needs of your case load in a fair and equitable manner.
- Exercising a high level of analysis and interpretation of complex clinical presentation and situations, leading to the implementation of an effective clinical management strategy for the individual.
- To review treatment progress utilising clinical reasoning and relevant practice experience.
- To promote best practice and evidence based reasoning in decision making.
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive individual records in line with professional standards.
- To participate in daily workload management and appropriate delegation to team members.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of your own work, planning and managing your own workload to meet service and users priorities; making adjustments on a daily basis as necessary
- To seek and actively participate in clinical supervision to ensure that professional standards are maintained.
- To effectively communicate the individual’s information in relation to rehabilitation and progress, to all relevant parties to ensure a collaborative proactive approach to rehabilitation is delivered.
- To provide a high standard of clinical report writing, ensuring the individuals rehabilitation progress is clearly documented to demonstrate the individuals progress and the benefit to the referring party of ETS case management services.
- To utilise a range of communication methods and be adaptable to change communication style, to gain and maintain contact with all parties involved in the rehabilitation of the individual, including the individual.
- To be able to travel to attend meetings with the individual and any relevant stakeholder, be they part of the treating healthcare team, employers, insurance and legal representatives.
Supervision and Mentoring
- To undertake professional supervision, ensuring compliance with both professional standards and performance monitoring requirements, for the purposes of clinical governance and quality assurance.
- To provide advice and mentoring to peers regarding the case management of individuals.
- To actively engage and participate in the staff appraisal scheme.
- To assist in the induction of new staff and contribute to education and training in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Quality and Development
- To be responsible for maintaining your own competency through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities and maintain a portfolio which reflects personal development in readiness for HCPC audit.
- To promote an environment of continuous quality and development through the use of evidence based practice, reflection and audit.
- To promote the profile of ETS and Occupational Therapy through representing the company externally, where appropriate.
- To participate in research and service development opportunities in line with services improvement, where appropriate.
- To participate in the development and implementation of new or revised practice protocols, utilising current evidence based practice, where appropriate.
Team Working and Productivity...
- To work as part of a team, supporting both clinical and non-clinical staff, as needed.
- To cooperate in the provision of cover for holiday and sickness to ensure effective staffing levels to maintain ETS services and meet service level agreements (SLA’s).
- To be responsible for the accurate accounting of your time in relation to agreed working practices and contractual agreements for the purposes of invoicing the fee payers correctly.
- To communicate effectively with the rest of the team inclusive of the SMT should you identify potential opportunities for improvement within the ETS service delivery.
- To work in compliance with ETS information security policies and procedure, accessing the company Case Management System.
- There may be occasion when you are requested to undertake duties not documented with your job description but are considered within your level of expertise.
Ready to apply?
Senior Case Management
"*" indicates required fields